“This doesn’t work for me!”
Have you found yourself saying or thinking this?
Perhaps you started a new program or a new online business or bought into an online “business in a box” and you’ve come to the point where you are saying this … “it doesn’t work for me!”
Don’t Quit … please read on … very important …
A friend and mentor shared this just recently – it is one of the most honest and down to earth posts from a friend about to quit
There is no doubt It will resonate with many people out there and if you recognise yourself in it (we all can) or you know someone who would benefit from reading it please share it.
“It seems like it is all there, the dream system, everything you need, right?
So I did some digging to figure out what was missing, that one missing ingredient that caused this massive failure…..and I finally found it.
Its ME! Yep Me!”
For a whole year this person hadn’t done a thing. No solo ads. No FaceBook ads. No email follow up… Nothing, zilch, zero… they were a complete lump on a log, did nothing yet hoped for the best.
“You see there is nothing wrong with this system, the only thing wrong is me.
If you have been struggling with this system, or any system for that matter, then the problem is likely you too.
The thing that is missing is MY ACTION.
No Action = No Results. Duh.
It wasn’t the system’s fault, it was my fault. You see all these other people making sales, doing great, but others not so much. Well I will put money on it that they also took none to very little action. Now I am not saying action would have made me a millionaire over night, but I would have been closer than I am today.
So why didn’t I take any action? Well I told myself all sort of things:
I’m a slave to analysis paralysis, family issues, busy at work, focusing on eCom, no… CPA, no… bitcoin, no… MLM, no.. red-headed chihuahua breeder, no… 2-ring circus promoter…… so many excuses, so scattered, always chasing the shiny object.
Yeah this is what I told myself, but then I dug even deeper ‘cause all that is just excuses. what was the real reason I didn’t take any action?
In reality I have been buying my way through the internet looking for the so-called holy grail for several years. I have spent way more than I want to admit, maybe more than I did for my bachelors and two masters degrees combined. Opportunity after opportunity, training after training, tool after tool. Yet before the ink was dry on the payment I was looking for the next.
Why? Why would I spend tens upon tens of thousands of dollars on all these but not run some simple ads? Good question, i wish there was a Shiny Object Buyers Anonymous support group, … maybe I will start one. But I needed deep introspection, so I dug deeper…..
And I think I finally found it. Ta Da!!!!
Quite simple actually – I was riding high on hope, and protecting myself from failure.
But it isn’t quite what you are thinking. I wasn’t afraid of failure itself, but what failure meant for my dreams. You see I am an eternal optimist, I always believe things will work out in the end, I am a dreamer and see hope in my life and the world. So if I am to actually execute on these systems and trainings, and it doesn’t work, it isn’t just that it didn’t work, but it means my dreams are crushed. And there is nothing worse to an eternal optimist than crushed dreams. So I was buying on the hope that the systems and products promised, but not executing to prevent the hope from being extinguished. This was ever so evident in the fact that I bought a grand worth of solo ads, but never actually sent them. How stupid is that? I got to the point of buying hope of a great solo, but didn’t send anything for fear of it being a dream crusher.
I know it sounds stupid, it is a sickness really. But as they say in every 12 step program the first step is acknowledgement. Now that I really understand and have acknowledged the problem, I can take steps to fix it.
So I am turning off almost all emails, leaving tons of FB groups, focusing on taking action on all the systems and tools in my arsenal. Any new ideas will be tabled, until current projects are fulfilled. I will be reaching out on those solos I bought to send them to our promotions.
In conclusion. I re-state my first Statement.
The System doesn’t work for me! Because I don’t work the System.
Systems don’t fail, people do, and I did. If you are struggling look in the mirror before you blame the system”
I am sure many of you out there can identify with the story above. I certainly can. If we are honest, we all can in one or other way.
So, today I urge you to take constructive and positive action to achieve the dream you have. You can do it!
Reach out to me any further questions.
To your success
Dailene Ashton (aka Day Ashton)
(with thanks to Chris & Susan Beesley for sharing the original post)
The Myth – “I can make money online without investing time, effort and/or money”
The Reality: It Takes Money To Make Money
We are still very early in the new year, 2017 and this will help you to cut through all the rubbish info out there about having a successful business / being an entrepreneur.
Recently I read a post from my friends and mentors about an extremely successful entrepreneur (whom they know personally) and who also gets the same kind of messages emails common to successful entrepreneurs. Messages like this …
Here’s what he said (some really straight talking!!) ….
“Okay, ready for THE TRUTH? Don’t expect to be able to do what I do until you’re willing to:
- Invest in your education as we have and continue to do. If one is not willing to purchase education on how to successfully market on the Internet, then one cannot expect others who are successful to invest time (their most valuable asset on the planet) in teaching one the things the products are designed to teach one….the products which people refuse to buy . If someone seriously wants results in one’s business but has no clue how to get them, … then investment in ONESELF is a must. It’s the smartest investment a human being/entrepreneur can make.
- Work hard. If one is under the impression that success comes easily without any persistent hard work, then you’re in for a rude awakening this year. There is NO easy button and probably NEVER will be. If one is looking for a get rich quick scheme, there are plenty of those to choose from online but, … if it’s a long-term sustainable result being looked for, one had better be prepared to develop one’s business and marketing muscles….starting today!
- Take RISK! No risk, no reward! If one is looking to make money as an entrepreneur in 2017 but unwilling to take any significant risk, then …..don’t quit the day-job because there’s unlikely to be a single entrepreneur who doesn’t take big risk to achieve their goals. This will require one to step up outside one’s comfort zone and do things one would normally NEVER dare dream of doing. If one is looking to start a legitimate online business without investing a single dime until a profit is seen ….guess what? We highly doubt a single dime of profit will ever be seen because one is approaching being in business with the mindset of an employee…. or the question has to be asked, is that person really in business at all. Maybe they’re just a “wannabe” with a hobby
This is a brilliant challenge and is absolutely true!
Now that I’ve got all that out of the way here’s my tip for you:
“You can create RESULTS or you can create EXCUSES but you cannot create both. Which will you choose to create this year?”
If you have questions or comments, get back to me. But one thing is certain … if you are serious about making a difference, you need to make the choice.
Speak again soon
(A word of thanks to Chris, Susan and Justin for sharing this advice and saying it as it is and thank you for being an inspiration to so many)
Earlier today I posted the following in FaceBook
Tips to help you progress and succeed in your project or business:
- be curious and find out as much as you can
- have an insatiable appetite for learning and …
- start putting things into action
Without taking action, all the curiosity and learning will not get you anywhere!
Lo and behold …
Later this morning I saw a post by friends and mentors of mine who had a similar message to share …
3 Powerful Words
Two of them can be provided by someone else but there is ONE you have to do yourself!
We were clearly on the same wavelength – how about you?
If you need further information about improving your financial situation, preparing for retirement or making money online, then please use the form on this site to contact me or email me at:
email@example.com and I will be pleased to help you further.
To your success
Dailene Ashton (aka Day Ashton)
Just recently two successful internet marketers and mentors known to me shared some valuable information which I want to share with you today.
The challenge that came and I pass on to you is … WHY IS MINDSET SO IMPORTANT?
Research has shown that the Psychology of Today’s High Achievers really has not changed much over the years.
There are 3 things that are potentially stopping you from being a high achiever:
- It is what you believe (your mindset/how you think).
- It is your ability to do things correctly (your skillset).
- It is what you do everyday, day by day (your habits).
So, for one to become successful in business and life in general, the most effective way, is to follow today’s high achievers. Emulate them. Follow them closely. Get to know what makes them successful … understand their mindset, skillset and their habits. By doing that you will get to understand why they are high achievers.
Just take a quick look at some well-known high achievers from the past and the present.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator)
He needs no introduction. He had a few rules for success. There were two of his quotes I would like to share with you: “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent” and “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”
- Dwayne Johnson (The Rock).
With only $7 in his pocket at age 23 he said he knew two things… “I’m broke … and one day I won’t be”. He also said: “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today”. His secret to success was to “Show up and outwork anyone”. “Be consistent …. Earn respect”.
- Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Companies)
“Enjoy what you’re doing. Be visible and standout. Create something you’re proud of”.
- Oprah Winfrey. (The Queen of Media)
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher” Have a “Clear sense of purpose. Make excellence your goal. Empower those around you. Be thankful for what you have”.
There are so many others I could have shared with you, but …
Do you think that we, the ordinary people, can learn from the psychology, the mindset of today’s high achievers?
I think so!
Make sure you subscribe to my blog to get more articles, tips and training like this. Subscribe to my blog (top right-hand corner)
Abraham Lincoln once said that his great concern was not whether one has failed, but whether one is content with one’s failure.
Failure should not stop you on your road to success. Use “failures” as stepping stones to success. Failures are not the end product. They help one look for another way, a better way.
Perhaps it is that you need to invest in yourself and improve your skill sets. But don’t be content with failure. Take action. Move forward.
Abraham Lincoln’s well-known quote has much value:
“Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I’ll spend the first 4 hours sharpening the axe”.
Take the action needed but … once you’ve sharpened the axe, move forward.
What are ways you can “sharpen your axe”?
- Define your “why” – see some examples
Why do you want to start your internet business?
Why do want to lose weight?
Why do you need to earn extra money?
- Take time to set yourself a realistic goal (but don’t underestimate yourself)
Need help setting goals? Take a look at my previous articles on goal setting
- Write down a daily plan of action to work towards achieving your goal/s
– Spend time daily on Personal Development – Always be learning and growing
– Learn something new daily
– Put what you learn into practice
– If you are building your online business, you need to network/connect with others.
- Learn from and network with those people who have achieved what YOU want to achieve.
In future posts, I will be dealing with some of these points in more detail.
Any questions or comments are most welcome